Arista EDU Ultra 200 Success

After developing a roll on Sunday with pretty good results I was emboldened to develop another roll.  While I was pretty happy with the results, I knew that I could do better.  You see, my goal is to go 95%+ all BW film by the end of the year and use digital only for those times when ultra high ISO is required.  So with this goal in mind I knew I had to do better.  Not that the shots were bad, I had quite a few on that roll that I am quite proud of.  So yesterday I decided to kill an hour or so and develop a roll of Arista EDU Ultra 200 to see how it would hold up to stand development.

I decided that I would put to test that all film regardless of ISO (ASA for us old folks), can be developed the same.  So into the tank went the film and developed for 1 hour in Adox Adonal at 1:100.  When the film came out I was very impressed with the results to the point of wanting to shoot some more of this film.  In fact I have reloaded my F100 with one of my two remaining rolls.

Here are two shots from that roll.  I’m sure you will agree that the results are most acceptable.  So what’s next?  I’m going to test the notion that stand development breaks the “One ISO for an entire roll of film” barrier.  This should prove fun.

 

Arista EDU Ultra 200 stand developed.

Arista EDU Ultra 200 stand developed.

Arista EDU Ultra 200 stand developed.

Arista EDU Ultra 200 stand developed.

Arista EDU Ultra 200 stand developed.

Arista EDU Ultra 200 stand developed.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s